Tackle Shop Talk - News From our Fishing Lakes
Following a very long and cold winter the lakes at Hengar Manor are coming into top form just in time for the spring holiday period!
Willow Lake has been providing anglers with plenty of bites and some great sport with plenty of silver fish responding to loose fed maggots. Carp to around 10lbs have been taken on sweetcorn fished over 6mm pellets and that all-time favourite, luncheon meat is now starting to make an impact.
The carp in Manor Lake have also been eager to feed with some stunning fish to 14lb 6oz coming to the net. Even though the lakes have been very cold the fish are starting to venture into the margins looking for some tasty morsels, it’s definitely worth a look down the edge! Skimmers and Bream have also been feeding with some anglers reporting large nets taken on maggots and worms over groundbait. The fish in the new lake are starting to put on weight but at the moment are still on the small size at around 10cm; the good news is that they are fit and healthy so it’s looking good for the future.
The holiday park fishing shop stocks an extensive stock of baits and tackle that you may need whilst you enjoy your stay with us. The fishing equipment is available for sale or to hire on a daily basis.
At Hengar Manor we do not insist on numerous rules but there have to be some to safeguard the welfare of our fish stocks and to ensure that all visitors have an enjoyable visit to the fishery.
- Barbless hooks only – maximum size 8.
- Maximum of two rods, anglers have to be in control of their equipment at all times. Please do not leave rods unattended.
- Please keep the sound on buzzers to a low acceptable level.
- Night Fishing is not permitted.
- All anglers to be in possession of a landing net. These are available for hire at the Tackle Shop.
- If you wish to photograph your catch please hold them low to the ground over a weigh mat.
- During busy times the limit of each anglers swim is halfway across the lake and to a halfway point towards the next peg.
- Boilies are permitted – please limit to ½ kilo per session.
- Please do not leave any litter on the banks.
- All anglers over the age of 12 years to be in possession of an Environment Agency licence to fish for Non Migratory Trout and Coarse Fish.