Relax, unwind and get away from it all this September and October with an Autumn break in Cornwall at our holiday park.
Autumn is a wonderful time to visit Cornwall, with the changing landscape and beautiful autumnal colours all around. With dramatic skies and even more dramatic sunsets, it’s the perfect time of year for those who want to explore the great outdoors.
It’s also ideal for those who want to avoid the big summer rush and everything that goes with it – namely the queues and the traffic jams! Enjoy Cornwall at a quieter time of year with an Autumn break at Hengar Manor.
What can I do on an Autumn break in Cornwall?
Summer may be over but that doesn’t mean there isn’t still plenty to see and do! From exploring Cornwall’s natural beauty to attending local events, there’s so much to discover in Cornwall this Autumn.
To help inspire you further, we’ve put together a list of our 5 favourite things to do on an Autumn break in Cornwall…
- Take a walk on a deserted beach: We all know that as good as summer time in Cornwall is, it can also be frustrating, especially if you head down to your favourite beach to find every square inch of sand taken up with towels and wind breaks. In the Autumn, however, you’ll find your favourite beach is much quieter. So, why not take a stroll on the golden sands and watch the waves roll in. Here’s some of the best beaches in Cornwall…
- Walk the South West Coast Path: There are few better views than when you’re looking down from a cliff top path over a beautiful bay, with a golden sandy beach and turquoise water! It could be your own private little beach, couldn’t it! The South West Coast Path, which meanders its way around Cornwall for dozens of miles, is a fantastic way to see Cornwall’s coast, its wildlife and keep fit!
- Explore Bodmin Moor: At Hengar Manor you’re right on the doorstep of this spectacular moorland region. Tackle the high peaks of Roughtor and Brown Willy or marvel at the ancient Cheesewring or Hurlers stone circles. You could even try and find the legendary Beast of Bodmin Moor!
- Take in some great local events: There’s some fantastic events taking place throughout Cornwall in September and October, including – Eden’s Festival of Food from 9-11 September, Newquay Fish Festival from 16-18 September, Looe Music Festival rom 23-25 September, Great Cornish Food Festival in Truro from 23-25 September, Callington Honey Fair on 5 October, the Falmouth Oyster Festival from 13-16 October and the Cornwall Film Festival from 29 October to 26 November. There really is something for everyone!
- Full steam ahead! For a great family day out head over to the nearby Bodmin and Wenford Railway, which runs heritage trains on the branch line between Bodmin General and Bodmin Parkway. They have a host of great events taking place this Autumn, including their Autumn Steam Gala and Real Ale Festival on 10/11 September as well as their Auymn Diesel Gala on 24 September. There’s also their fantastic Victorian Day on October 9 and a special half price and kids go free weekend on 29-31 October!
And if you want more holiday ideas, check out our 50 things to do in Cornwall feature!
For a relaxing Autumn break in Cornwall this year, choose Hengar Manor. We have a wide range of self-catering accommodation for you to choose from, including our holiday lodges, waterside cabins, holiday villas, daisy door cottages, holiday apartments and holiday caravans. All offer outstanding value holidays!
Contact us today on 01208 850382 or book on-line here.